Welcome to the Department of Philosophy at the University of Hamburg!
If your university has an Erasmus agreement with the University of Hamburg, you may spend one or two semesters at our faculty as part of your studies.
In the FAQ section below we answer the most common questions.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Erasmus office:
For more general questions concerning your stay abroad, you can contact the Erasmus coordinator of the departement of philosophy:
Assistant: Julia Szensny
Office hours: E-mail contact
Information about credit points:
- Undergraduate course ( depending on contribution)
- Graduate course ( depending on contribution)
- Research colloquium (depending on contribution)
- Lecture ( depending on contribution )
- Lectures of visiting speakers ( depending on contribution)
Faculty of Philosophy
In order to get a first overview about our teaching offers, lectures and faculty members, visit the hompage of the faculty of philosophy.
In addition to that, our faculty offers a wide range of different events:
- Countries that are taught in englisch
- Lectures with international speakers every second week
- Colloquium with international guests every second week
- Workshops and conferences
- Summerschool which is taught in englisch once a year
Wintersemester: from October 1st to March 31st
Sommersemester: from April 1st to September 30th
Course are offerend in German (primary language) but a certain number of courses is also available in English.
In any case, we recommend at least B1 in German even if one intends to primarily attend courses in English.